As the Desktop Support Technician I work under the general supervision of the Director of Client Services. His or her job is to troubleshoot and fix PCs, laptops, and other office applications and operating systems. As the Desktop Support Technician, I may need to work with both people inside and outside the company to solve problems.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains and supports enterprise resources, including laptops, desktops, printers, scanners and POS equipment.
- Has good communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
- helps with internal policies and procedures.
- Using the ticketing system makes tickets.
- Gives senior management suggestions or advice about where to invest in IT devices and how to upgrade enterprise devices.
- Uses diagnostic tools, a knowledge base, and troubleshooting procedures to figure out what’s wrong with hardware, software, and networks.
- Installs, images, and/or fixes Windows devices in a business setting.
- Helps out at all of the Circuit Court Offices by going there.
- Does other tasks as needed or as assigned.