Gloria Balderas is the new Workforce Development Program Manager for Rapid Response and Layoff Aversion at the Atascadero Chamber of Commerce.
“The addition of a staff member focusing on workforce development means that we can better develop comprehensive approaches to identifying, planning for, or responding to layoffs and dislocations, as well as preventing or minimizing their impacts on workers, businesses, and communities,” said Atascadero Chamber President and CEO Josh Cross.
The new role joins Chamber-led business vitalization activities like
- retaining, growing, and attracting Atascadero businesses
- connecting developers and entrepreneurs
- guiding local business beginnings
- collaborating with commercial, non-profit, and government sectors in San Luis Obispo County
- recommending businesses via the Atascadero Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center
- regional economic planning
“Meeting business owners and managers every week inspires me,” said Balderas. I’ve met over 100 firms. I was surprised to learn that “I’m here if you need anything” goes a long way. Our company owners should know we support them.”